To Rome With Love is an upcoming romantic comedy film written and directed by Woody Allen, scheduled to be released in 2012. The film is set in Rome, Italy. The film stars Jesse Eisenberg and Allen himself in his first acting role since 2006's Scoop.
Is an abomination, travesty, an insult to the craft of filmmaking and a humiliating example of a auteur (Woody Allen) gone amuck. Out of respect for my, if at times limited, but still viable insights; I am composing this review in 15 minutes (which is approximately 14 more than it deserves.)
1) All the men in the film are clones of "Woody Allen" at some point in his life.
2) All the women represent the "forbidden fruit" he has either owned or held in a time/share.
3) The blatant metaphors for "fame", "misplaced adoration", "insignificance of the adored", "press power"; are bludgeoning at the Machiavellian, ad nauseam, level.
4) Puccini ("Tosca"), Leoncavallo ("Pagliacci"), Modugno ("Volare") are fortunately not alive to witness the desecration, "drowning" of their masterpieces.
5) Rome did not deserve this, nor did the audience!
ONE STAR! BECAUSE OF THE SOUND TRACK